Friday, July 10, 2009

Round 2...

I've started my second week of the next series of treatments with the drug taxol. This drug is not nearly as toxic and is administered more quickly than the previous ones. I'm thankful that even though I could not receive the typical regiment of drugs to ward off the common reactions that taxol causes due to my pregnancy, my body received the drug without any incident. Really, despite the few days when I've hit a wall energy wise, chemo has been no worse than taking an aspirin. I can only attribute this to the faithfulness of my God who has listened and answered the prayers of so many of my family and friends.

The most irritating side effect doesn't even come from the chemo, but from the steroids which they administer in conjunction with the taxol. It causes some serious insomnia, hence the reason I'm writing this blog at one in the morning. For several nights after receiving the medication I can not physically settle down to sleep. It's as if I had several cups of Starbucks machiatto (ahh, I do miss those). But I won't complain if that is the worst of my problems.

I'm now at 33 and a half weeks pregnant, which means I have just a little over six weeks until my due date. But for those of you who have followed my previous pregnancies, you know that in all likelihood, I still have at least seven possibly eight weeks remaining. For once I am actually praying for a late delivery date so that I can finish as many treatments as possible before Leah's arrival. However, at the end of the day, a healthy baby born on God's timeline is all we ask for.

I'm still receiving a few meals a week which is a huge blessing and the many friends who have offered to watch my kids for a day or two so that I can rest is overwhelming. What I expected to be a dull and boring summer has proven to be a lot of fun for the kids. We as a family even received passes to the local pool, anonymously given to us. What a blessing! God is so good to us.

No comments: